Thursday 20 January 2011

Brandon's work about "standing out"

Standing Out!

Description:
In picture A, the scene takes place in a bedroom. There are two teenage girls. They are eating and the girl who is pregnant is confiding in her friend.
In picture B, the scene takes place in the boxingring. There are a girl and a gentleman. He is speaking to her. In order to say to keep concentrate for the match.
In picture C, the scene takes place in a danceroom. There are several girls and a boy. They are practicing ballet.


Why they are outstanding?
In picture A, the teenage girl is pregnant. However, she is very young!
In picture B, the boxer is a girl. I have never seen girls in a boxing ring yet!
In picture C, the boy is practicing ballet. He is the only boy with a lot of girls.


My reaction...
I am worry to see her situation because she is too much young. I do not know if she choose to be pregnant but if this is the case, I really wonder if she is aware of her decision! What she will say to her parents? She can lie and tell to them "I have a baby adopted" but for her age, it can not be logic or we can feel that she is lying. Maybe she confide in her friend to speak about the abortion. I'm agree with her because this kind of decision is very hard to take alone... I think that she has to speak about it with adults.
It is strange to see a girl in a boxing ring because I always seen boys and not girls. She looks very determined and confident!
He looks very concentrate. It is hard to practice this sort of dance in public when we are a boy... Moreover, he is the only boy with many girls. As for me, it is normal to see a boy who is dancing ballet. It is a style as the others but people see this kind of dance only with girls and not boys.

1 comment:

  1. de tres bonnes idees et de la reflexion... mais corrige les fautes de voc et grammaire..

    ReplyDelete