Wednesday 19 January 2011

Marie L 's work about out standing

      STANDING OUT

      > This picture is a capture of a film called "Juno". We can see two girls, they are probably high-school juniors. They are eating a fast food meal inside a display stand where we can see the flag of the school's sport team. One of them is pregnant and I think she intends to keep her baby because her belly is quite big so she has been pregnant for more than three months. She will soon be a teenage mother. We can think that she is confiding in her best friend.
       This young girl is outstanding because she is around sixteen years old and she is already expecting a baby! She is too young to bring up alone a child.
       If I was in her situation I would not really know what to do. But I rather believe that I would have an abortion. According to me I want to make the most of my youth and continue my studies so that later, I may be able to bring up my children the best I can.


      > The picture B is a scene of "million dollars baby". We see an old man and a teenage girl in a boxing ring. In the background we make out the public. Caracters look very concentrate because the girl is going to start a fighting. She is confident but her coach seems a little bit worried. He is encouraging her and giving her advices.
       This situation is unusual because not many girls practice boxing. It is rather a boy's sport. I do not want to say that girls are not allowed to practice boxing but that, most of the time, it is boys that we see on a boxing ring.
       I will never be in her situation because I hate boxing, but when I see her, I think she is brave and I hope that she will win the match!


      > The picture C is a freeze frame of "Billy Elliot". We see a young boy about twelve years old and five young girls dancing. They are ballets dancers and they are training in a dancing room. The boy wears a tank top and shorts and girls are all wearing tutu. The child looks concentrated, determinate and confident. I think his goal is to show that even boys can take part in classical dance. 
       This boy is outstanding because, in general not many boys practice ballet. But they can take part in this activity if they want and love it. 
       Before this work I have already seen this film so I know that dance is the boy 's passion. So I am admiring and happy that he does what he likes because lot of people don't accept that boys dance ballet.

I would finish by:  everybody (without exception) must do his hobby without be careful at other's opinions.

1 comment:

  1. picture A/B/C...trop de fautes encore... corrige avec le corrigé

    ReplyDelete